There are many reasons why businesses should recycle paper and cardboard. Here are some of the most important ones:
- It’s cheap! Cardboard King office recycling service costs from only 40 pence per day.
- It saves natural resources. Paper and cardboard are made from trees, so recycling them helps to conserve forests. For every ton of paper that is recycled, 17 trees are saved.
- It improves your company’s image. Customers are increasingly interested in doing business with companies that are environmentally responsible. Recycling paper and cardboard is a way for businesses to show their commitment to sustainability.
- It saves energy and water. It takes less energy and water to recycle paper than to make new paper from trees. For every ton of paper that is recycled, 7,000 gallons of water and 4,000 kilowatt-hours of energy are saved.
- It reduces greenhouse gas emissions. The production of paper and cardboard is a major source of greenhouse gas emissions. Recycling paper helps to reduce these emissions. For every ton of paper that is recycled, one metric ton of carbon dioxide is saved.
- It reduces landfill waste. Landfills are a major source of methane, a greenhouse gas that is more potent than carbon dioxide. Recycling paper helps to reduce the amount of waste that goes to landfill.
In addition to these environmental benefits, recycling paper and cardboard can also save businesses money. By recycling, you can reduce their costs for waste disposal, raw materials, and energy.
Overall, there are many good reasons why you should recycle paper and cardboard. It is a win-win for the environment and the bottom line.
How to get going!
We can help – just call us on 01704 512380 and we will help plan, implement and monitor your recycling campaign. Find below some specific steps that you and your business can take to recycle paper and cardboard:
- Provide recycling bins in all areas where paper and cardboard are used.
- Educate employees about the importance of recycling.
- Make it easy for employees to recycle by providing convenient recycling bins and clear instructions.
- Track your recycling efforts so you can see how much you are saving.
- Set goals for increasing your recycling rate.
By taking these steps, businesses can make a significant contribution to the environment and save money at the same time.